Centerra is a North American-based gold mining and exploration company located in Toronto, Canada engaged in the operation, exploration, development and acquisition of gold properties in Asia, Canada and other markets worldwide. Our objective is to build shareholder value and to establish annual gold production of 1.5 million ounces by maximizing the potential of our current properties and leveraging our financial strength and experience to acquire new long-life, low-cost projects.
Currently, we have two producing gold mines:
- 100% interest in the Kumtor mine in the Kyrgyz Republic
- 100% interest in the Boroo mine in Mongolia
A Joint Venture Partnership:
- In 2015 Centerra entered into a new 50/50 JV partnership with Premier Gold Mines Limited, to advance the Trans-Canada Project, including the Hardrock Gold Project located in the Geraldton-Beardmore Greenstone belt in Ontario, Canada.
An advanced stage development property:
- 100% interest in the Gatsuurt property in Mongolia near Boroo
A pre-feasibility stage advanced exploration property:
- 100% interest in the Öksüt gold project in Turkey
We also have interests in promising exploration properties:
- 100% interest in Altan Tsagaan Ovoo (“ATO”) project in Mongolia
- Lagares gold property, Centerra has the right to earn up to 70% interest through its joint venture with Medgold Corp.
The Company’s two gold mines produced 620,821 ounces of gold in 2014 at a all-in sustaining cost of $852 per ounce sold and all-in costs of $955 per ounce sold. This ranks Centerra as one of the leading North American gold producers and the largest Western-based gold producer in Central Asia. Centerra's shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) under the symbol CG. The Company is based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.