Centerra is a Canadian-based gold mining and exploration company engaged in the operation, exploration, development and acquisition of gold properties in Asia, the former Soviet Union and other emerging markets worldwide. Our objective is to build shareholder value and to establish annual gold production of 1.5 million ounces by maximizing the potential of our current properties and leveraging our financial strength and experience to acquire new long-life, low-cost projects.
Currently, we have two producing gold mines:
- 100% interest in the Kumtor mine in the Kyrgyz Republic
- 100% interest in the Boroo mine in Mongolia
A development property:
- 100% interest in the Gatsuurt property in Mongolia near Boroo
We also have interests in promising exploration properties:
- 100% interest in the Oksut project in Turkey
- Akarca, Samli and Emali projects, Turkey, Centerra has the right to earn up to 70% interest through its joint venture with Eurasian Minerals
- Altanhisar project, Turkey
- Kara Beldyr project in the Tyva Republic in Russia, Centerra has earned a 50% interest and has exercised its option to earn up to 70% interest through its joint venture with Central Asia Gold AB
- Dvoinoy joint venture in the Amur Region of Eastern Russia.
- Laogouxi project, in China
- Sumber Joint Venture, Mongolia, Centerra has the right to earn up to a 75% interest through its joint venture with Altairgold LLC.
- Altan Tsagaan Ovoo (“ATO”) project in Mongolia
The two gold mines operated by the Company produced 690,720 ounces of gold in 2013 at all in cash cost of $920 per ounce. This ranks Centerra as a leading North American gold producer and the largest Western-based gold producer in Central Asia. Centerra's shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) under the symbol CG. The Company is based in Toronto, Canada.