- Centerra is a leading North American-based gold producer.
- We are the largest Western-based gold company in Central Asia with gold production of 387,076 ounces in 2012 and proven and probable reserves of 11.1 million ounces of contained gold as at December 31, 2012.
- Major assets include the Kumtor mine in the Kyrgyz Republic, which produced more than 8.6 million ounces of gold between 1997 and the end of 2012, and the Boroo mine, which began commercial production in March 2004 and produced approximately 1.5 million ounces of gold by the end of 2012.
Kumtor is the largest foreign-owned gold mine in the former Soviet Union.
Boroo is Mongolia's largest hard rock gold mine.
- Promising exploration properties include Kumtor,with high grade underground resources in the Stockwork and SB Zones, which are open along strike and at depth, multiple targets adjacent to Kumtor, and the Gatsuurt property near Boroo.
- In January, 2013, Centerra became the sole owner of the Oksut Gold project in Turkey.
- Since 2008, Centerra has formed promising new exploration joint ventures in Russia, Turkey, Mongolia and China.
- Centerra has allocated $45 million for exploration activities in 2013.
Read our quarterlies and factsheets for information on Centerra's performance.