Sustainability and CSR
- Mining is a positive force for social and economic development.
- We have a responsibility to develop and maintain constructive relationships with host communities.
- Two-way engagement and dialogue will build trust and foster genuine collaboration with local stakeholders.
- We have a responsibility, together with local government and other partners, to mitigate the negative impacts of our operations and to capitalize on opportunities to enhance sustainable socio-economic development.
- Cultural sensitivity, respect and integrity are central to the way we do business and behave as individual employees.
- As a company we are accountable for our actions.
- To listen to and engage with host communities in a collaborative, transparent manner to build mutual trust and understanding.
- To work proactively with communities to identify and manage social risks, impacts and obligations.
- To help foster a stable, healthy and safe environment in which to live and work.
- To develop partnerships with host communities, governments, employees, contractors and others to promote sustainable social and economic development.
- To respect the fundamental human rights of all stakeholders with whom we interact.
- To manage grievances in a fair, timely and consistent manner.
- To take into account the special aspirations, needs and concerns of Indigenous Peoples, women, children and vulnerable groups within our sphere of influence.
- To leave a lasting positive legacy by working with local stakeholders to prepare for our eventual departure and the closure of our operations.
- To monitor and continually seek to improve our community relations performance in order to create value for our stakeholders and shareholders alike.